Its official! Spring has landed in London; Sunny warm weather is just around the corner. Enjoy free outdoor events in April in London, including the London Marathon, cultural celebrations and Easter activities. Here at The Washington Mayfair we will bring you the top things to do in London during April, allowing you to make the most of your visit.
THINGS TO DO ON EASTER WEEKEND 2018 – from 30 March to 2 April 2018
From London Easter Egg hunts and interactive family attractions, to a spectacular Good Friday performance and traditional Easter Sunday lunch, find Easter activities and opening times in London. Keep the whole family entertained over the Easter holidays with the round-up of the best things to do during this Easter 2018 in London. From Easter egg hunts and special Easter events for kids and grownups, to the best chocolate shops and Easter opening hours in London, plan a fun-filled Easter break in the capital. More Easter 2018 events will be added as they are announced, so do check again closer to the date to find out what’s on in London at Easter including:
- Easter Weekend 2018 Events in London
- London Easter Egg Hunts and Trails
- Easter Chocolate in London
- London Easter Sunday Lunch
- Spring Blooms and Baby Animals
- Family Attractions and Activities for Kids in London
- Easter Weekend Shows in London
- Easter Opening Hours and Transport in London
Read more at VisitLondon.com
UNDERBELLY FESTIVAL IN SOUTH BANK – from 6th April to 30th September 2018
Enjoy a fun-packed festival of live entertainment and al-fresco eating and drinking at Underbelly Festival in South Bank. Stretching throughout the summer, the festival stages affordable circus, theatre, cabaret, comedy, music and children’s shows on the south bank of the Thames. Visit the official website for more information.
THE LONDON COFFEE FESTIVAL – from 12th to 15th April 2018
Returning for 2018, the London Coffee Festival is the UK’s largest coffee and artisan food event, a celebration of London’s vibrant coffee culture featuring gourmet coffee, speciality tea, artisan food, demonstrations from world-class baristas, live music and a comprehensive ‘lab’ seminar programme that will educate even the keenest of coffee lovers. See the full programme of events on the official website.
FEAST OF ST GEORGE IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE – 21st April 2018
Kick off your St George’s Day celebrations at Feast of St George in Trafalgar Square, with a feast of English food, live music and free fun for everyone.
- “Streets of London” folk legend Ralph McTell live on the main stage
- An inspiring performance from the Military Wives Choirs
- Cooking demos from Theo Randall and Hackney’s MasterChef champion Natalie Coleman
- Delicious food from Butchies, Laura’s Fudge, Heck sausages and more
- A Magical Kingdom with family entertainment, wizardry, fairground rides and even a ‘magical’ owl
- An interactive family adventure trail in central London
Visit the official website for more information.
THE QUEEN’S BIRTHDAY GUN SALUTES – 21st April 2018
The Queen celebrates her 92nd birthday in 2018 and on 21st April – The Queen’s actual birthday, which she celebrates privately – the occasion is marked publicly by gun salutes in London. The 41-gun Queen’s Birthday Gun Salute in Hyde Park takes place at midday, followed an hour later by a 62-gun salute at the Tower Of London. It’s a spectacular show of pomp and ceremony and it’s also the only time when you will see horses legally at a full gallop in a Royal Park – with a ton and a half of cannon in tow. While the Queen’s Birthday Gun Salutes are held to celebrate her actual birthday on 21st April, there are further celebrations for her official birthday in June which is marked by Trooping the Colour.
VAISAKHI FESTIVAL IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE – 28 April 2018
Celebrate the Sikh festival with free performances and cultural activities in Trafalgar Square. A colourful way to welcome in the Sikh New Year, this fun, free event has traditional and modern Asian music and dancing, turban tying and an array of exotic culinary delights on offer. Live performances include music such as Shabad Kirtin (religious hymns), as well as modern dance music and DJs.
Visit the official website for more information.
SUMMER SEASON 2018 AT SHAKESPEARE’S GLOBE – from 25th April to 13th October 2018
Enjoy a Summer of Love at Shakespeare’s Globe, the most enchanting theatre staging in London with a line-up of Shakespeare’s greatest romantic plays, comedies and tragedies.
Performing in the Globe Theatre:
- Hamlet (25 April – 26 August)
- As you like it (2 May – 26 August)
- Twelfth Night (7 – 8 – 10 May and 6 September)
- The Taming of the Shrew (11-13 May and 7 September)
- The Merchant of Venice (14-15-16 May and 8 September)
- Voter’s Choice (18 May and 9 September)
- The Two Noble Kinsmen (25 May – 30 June)
- Nanjing (22-23-24 June)
- The Winter’s Tale (22 June – 14 October)
- Othello (20 July – 13 October)
- Emilia (10 August – 1 September)
- Love’s Labour’s Lost (23 August – 15 September)
- Eyam (15 September – 13 October 2018)
- Comedy Store Players (19 October)
- Alternative Miss World (20 October)
Standing Ticket: from £5 per ticket
Seated Ticket: from £22 per ticket
To view the full season and find out more about the productions, visit the website.